Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Day Two: Totally Brain Busting!!

Hello, folks! Here's an update on my progress... its been a totally brain-busting, nerve wrecking experience trying to coax out the words from my suddenly infertile mind!
For the whole day, I've only manged an exact 280 words - according to my MS Word count - equivalent to 4 paras. Not very productive considering that I could usually finish off a 2,000 word assignment for my editor in just a day! How hard I realise now writing fiction can be compared to writing facts and non-fiction! Ideas flow in and out of my mind but rarely could I piece them together and form a coherent and cohesive piece of narrative.
Still, I'm quite glad with what I managed to come out with with my 280 words. I hope things can develop from there but for the next few days, I don't see how I can add on to what I've wrote considering that my sis and her family are dropping by for a 3 day 2 nites visit for the holiday. There goes three wasted days of productivity!
Meanwhile... here's what I have so far for my NaNoWriMo novel. Don't you dare rip off!!:

The night was calm and serene. All around the forest was quiet, its inhabitants blissfully asleep, undisturbed by the solitary figure striding through the night forest. Clad in a dark green cloak, the figure blends into the surrounding environment. The night was unusually still, the stranger felt it strongly in his heart.

He looked to the cloudless night sky. The bright silver moon illuminated all in its path. The stranger hurried forth towards his destination, with the silver moonlight seemingly guiding him. He was careful to keep an eye out for anything that might suddenly burst forth from the dark shadows of the trees, his hand never leaving his sword’s handle.

Soon, he slowed down as he came to a small pond. The moonlight, as if by some unseen force, began to concentrate its focus on the pond. The stranger stopped, wary of any unseen adversary but at the same time, sensed a quiet peace that surpasses understanding enveloping his entire being. He looked across the small pond, the gentle ripples of the surface glinted like diamonds under the moonlight.

So, this is the famed Oracle, thought the stranger. He knew he would be in no danger here when he’s under the watchful eye of Ellos. The stranger stepped slowly forwards, drawn to the banks of the clearly magical oracle. He knew what the Oracle was meant to do. But dare he look into it? Was he really ready like his father had said – ready for his destiny. A destiny that the Oracle was meant to show him. As he stood there by the bank, his mind wandered to the day when he came of age not too long ago…
Well, there you have it - my 1st four glorious paragraphs of my first novel! LOL! Hope I'll be able to continue from here... not about to change anything cos that'll be too time consuming.
Til tomorrow then... if there's any further development to the above... ^_^
Ja Ne!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home