Sunday, January 22, 2006

In Critical Condition

My father was warded again yesterday. He's condition has deteriorated all of a sudden and is now on life support. Its a painful time for all of us. He's breathing heavily and is slipping in and out of consciousness. I don't know whether he'll pull out of this alive. Half of me wants him to recover and half of me wishes for him to go... I don't want to see him suffer anymore, it hurts when you see someone you love very much have to go through pain and suffering in their last moments. It is not the way I want to see my father die. Unlike the West, euthanasia is definitely out of the question here where I stay. No chance for my father to go with the dignity a man like him fully deserves.

All I can do now is to pray that God will just ease his suffering and take him home soon. No point for him to recover and go through yet another suffering. My family has come to accept this for sometime now, so it wasn't exactly a shock. Pls continue to keep praying for him and my family. We certainly need the strength and will to go through this pain we are all feeling right now.

Thank you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home